920 Hamel Road
P.O. Box 253
Hamel, MN 55340
Phone: 1-800-356-7887 or (763) 478-9600
Fax: (763) 478-2431
and Maxxon® MR
are reinforcement products used in conjunction with Maxxon Underlayments and Acousti-Mat Sound Control Mats for crack suppression and to reduce underlayment pour depth.
Conditions such as potential movement of the subfloor - which could cause underlayments or hard surface floor goods to crack -
have typically been handled by installing metal lath prior to the underlayment pour.
Although lath is difficult to install and its cost has been rapidly increasing, there haven't
been any reliable, more cost-effective options - until now.
Maxxon CSM consists of
a core of fused, entangled polymeric filaments bonded to a geotextile fabric on one side. Maxxon CSM provides a cost-effective crack supression alternative to metal lath and can also be used to reduce the depth of underlayment topping a sound control mat. Its strong fibers,
containing 40% post-industrial recycled content, provide an excellent
reinforcement for a variety of floor systems. Maxxon CSM provides is a "Green" building material and can help contribute points towards LEED® certification. Click here for additional information on our "Green" products.
Maxxon MR is a light, highly durable, no memory alternative to metal lath. Composed of a PVC coated non-woven fiberglass grid, it is dimensionally stable in hot weather and does not become brittle in cold weather. Long rolls save time and money by reducing installation time and material cost over conventional galvanized metal lath. Maxxon MR is made in the U.S.A. with raw materials from the U.S.A.
- Provides reinforcement for underlayments and hard surface floor goods
- Available with water resistant fabric
- 40% pre-consumer recycled content
- Always a "green" building material
- May help contribute points toward LEED® project certification
- Maxxon CSM may be used:
- To reduce underlayment thickness to 3/4" (19 mm) over Acousti-Mat II or 1" (25 mm) over Enkasonic systems *
- To replace metal lath on Acousti-Mat 3 systems *
- In conjunction with any Maxxon Underlayment *
- Under radiant floor heating tubes
- Under radiant floor heat cables
* Application received the "EXTRA HEAVY AND HIGH IMPACT USE" rating from the Tile Council of North America
||0.4" (10.3 mm)
- Excellent durability
- Light - easy to handle
- No memory (unlike metal lath)
- Dimensionally stable in hot weather; not brittle in cold
- Can be used over wood, concrete and precast plank
- Maxxon MR may be used:
- To reduce underlayment thickness to 3/4" (19 mm) over Acousti-Mat II or 1" (25 mm) over Enkasonic systems
- As reinforcement on an Acousti-Mat 3 system
- In conjunction with any Maxxon Underlayment
- Raw materials from the U.S.A
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Above radiant floor heating tubes
- Above radiant floor heat cables
Values listed above are nominal and are only to be used as guidelines.
||0.015" (.38 mm)
||46.5" (118.1 cm)
||450' (137.1 m)
||9.5" (24.1 cm)
||65 lbs (29.5 kg)
||1,744 ft. sq. (162 m. sq.)
|Glass Construction (visual/in)
Test Method - ASTM D-3775
0.034 psf (0.166 kg/m. sq.)
|Tensile (lbf) (2 ends)
Test Method - ASTM D-5035
Test Method - ASTM D-3774